Cardigans are knitted garments and are designed to have an open front. Provided with buttons or zips; modern people prefer to wear Cardigans with front open to flaunt the tees or shirts worn underneath. Cardigans are also a popular women’s winter wear. Many Cardigans For Women these days are designed such that these hang open, though zips and buttons are incorporated in the design. This blog discusses History Of Cardigans & How Are They Worn.
History of Cardigans
The sweater derives its name from James Brudenell, 7th Earl of Cardigan. He was a British Army Major General and participated in the Crimean War. It was the popularity Brudenell gained during the war that led to the popularity of Cardigan garments too. The modern Cardigans that we wear today, their design idea evolved from the knitted woollen waistcoats that were worn by the British officers during the war time. Initially the term Cardigan was only used for referring to knitted sleeveless vests but with the passage of the time these also started referring to the kind of Cardigans that we wear today.
How are Cardigans Worn?
- Traditionally plain Cardigans are worn over shirts by men.
- For a less formal look plain Cardigans are worn inside suit jackets preferably by men.
- Contemporary women also wear Cardigans and team them with stylish tees and shirts. Cardigans For Women come in plethora of designs and colours.
- Monochromatic Cardigans make for a traditional fashion statement and are available in both sleeved and vest forms.
- Youngsters especially skateboarders love to wear striped Cardigans in striking colours.
- A Cardigan makes for nice formal clothing when worn in a certain style that is over a button-down dress shirt by both men and women.
- For an informal look Cardigans can be matched and worn with T-shirt underneath by anyone.
Cardigans can be purchased in various styles. For a romantic day, embroidered Cardigans and shawl-collared Cardigans would be the best option. Hooded Cardigans can be purchased for a more casual look and beaded Cardigans can be procured to be worn on formal events. Are you wondering from where you can purchase stylish and less priced Cardigans? If you want to buy Cardigans for Women in Wholesale, there are many online suppliers of Wholesale Women’s Fashion Wear Online in UK that offer Cardigans for Women at highly competitive prices. One can place the bulk order; the order is dispatched on time.